I am working on the top fives one, I am, but this one is low-effort and makes for a good study break.
I have only included the first lines of stories back to the last time I did this meme, so there are less than twenty. I cannot see any trends except for my reluctance to use past tense in...any fandom but Merlin, apparently!
1) The Game of Kings
- Here you are at the end of the beginning; this year is the axis upon which your fate spins, widdershins, the direction of undoing.
2) Three Bags Full
- Tee's earliest memory is of his back hitting the Filter, hard, his sister towering over him like a tall bird with ragged shadow-wings.
3) Unlisted Side Effects of Metacetamin-Derived Opiates
- The feel of the floor against his feet is a wonder, no, a fucking miracle
, what with the fact that every other time he's tried to adopt any position other than tucked-in-and-comatose it's resulted in McCoy yelling WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING, SWEETCHEEKS, GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THAT BED BEFORE I HAVE YOU DECLARED INSANE AND INSTALL RESTRAINTS.
4) Like a Ruthless Force
- Ever obedient, Lucy calls him Master
now, feeling neither resignation nor fear.
5) five things Booth thinks about when he's driving home at night
- For almost the entire day, he's been thinking about the contents of his fridge.
6) when our falsehoods are divided
- In the imperfect subjunctive the verb mentir
, its edges dragged out into alluring sibilants.
- Having sampled every type of canape in the room and inspected his own hair in the mirrored pillar enough times that one of the agents on security detail was now checking it clandestinely for hidden cameras, Arthur was forced to find entertainment elsewhere.
8) Miss the Train Before
- The city air was hot and mad, slapping against the skin like a damp flannel that left one feeling dirtier instead of cleaner.
9) The Anatomy of Need
- To Sakura's credit, his hands are
covered in blood.
10) Quickening Days
- "Arthur! Are you awake?"
11) Meteorology (five ways to defuse a prince)
- In retrospect, it had taken a surprisingly short time for Merlin to decide that Arthur Pendragon was not actually a complete prat.
12) letters of the void (II)
- A woman, young, with reddish blonde hair and a knack for finding information, is splicing wires together and trying to ignore the way the air is humming and light seems to be bending to avoid her eyes.
11) letters of the void (I)
- Londinium in the hottest of the seasons, which blur into one another at the best of times; in the stifling heat the city rolls over like a bloated corpse and bares its ugliest side to the moons.
12) So Great & Beautiful
- You fall in love with Susan the moment you set eyes on her.
13) to cover a bruise (the rainy days remix)
- When they are twelve years old, someone somewhere flicks a switch, flicks their fingers like they're creating sparks, and Mai is set aside like one of those dolls that are meant to be looked at -- looked at, but not played with.
14) Sleight of Hand
[No links for you! This is my lemontreeparade
fic, which I really want to post, but I am waiting until after the book is released. WHICH IS TAKING AGES ;_; WHAT IS UP WITH THAT, ADI] - There is no such thing as magic.